Art and abstraction in southern california
Ed Ruscha, Bow-Tie Screwhead (Bow-Tie Landscapes), 2003.
March 6th - 9th
Spend four art-filled days in the desert with Art Muse LA this March!
Participants will be immersed in a daylong tour of Desert X, an exhibition of site-specific art installations. Notable artists from different parts of the world have been invited to create work that responds to the unique conditions of Palm Springs and the surrounding Coachella Valley for this inaugural show. Enjoy a private viewing of Women of Abstract Expressionism on view at the Palm Springs Art Museum. This is the first major museum exhibition to focus on the groundbreaking women artists affiliated with the Abstract Expressionist movement during its seminal years, between 1945 and 1960. Another major attraction will be a visit to Noah Purifoy's Desert Museum. Set in Joshua Tree, this outdoor museum is 7.5 acres of open land displaying Purifoy’s assemblage sculptures, all created on-site between 1989 and 2004.
Alcazar Palm Springs, a lush and relaxing boutique hotel located in the center of town, will be home base for three nights. We'll dine at some of the best restaurants in town, including dinner at Birba, a highly rated eatery situated next door to our hotel.
Also featured will be a visit to a private collection of contemporary art in Palm Desert and entree to the home and studio of an artist couple who create weavings and ceramic vessels.
Reservations are limited to 12 and early registration is encouraged. Transportation to and from Palm Springs is not included in the price. The program begins on Monday, March 6 at 4 pm and concludes on Thursday, March 9 after lunch.
Pricing & Details
$1,200 per person, based on double occupancy. Single supplement, add $300.
- Three nights accommodations at Alcazar Palm Springs
- Continental breakfast at hotel
- 3 lunches with non-alcoholic drinks
- 2 dinners with wine and beer
- All museum and other admissions fees
- Art Muse guides for Desert X and exhibition viewing
- Deluxe coach transportation for 2 days of desert excursions
- Gratuities while together as a group
- Transportation to and from Palm Springs
- Gratuities for individual instances
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Dinner on Tuesday, March 7